This Grilled Brussel Sprouts recipe is great for a quick weeknight meal side dish or meal prep for the week.
I challenge you to try Brussels sprouts in foilon the grill if you don’t think so. These once vile vegetables are now delicious, crispy, and addicting. You will fight for every last one, I swear. It is one of our favorite summer side dishes.
When you grill Brussel sprouts, there are two amazing things that happen. They get that incredible grill flavor. You get that wonderful grill flavor, smokiness, charring, and that great flavor.
The Brussel sprouts will be super crispy and caramelized with golden brown edges. They won’t get burned, but they will be tender. These crispy, brown edges are the best part.
Best Grilled Brussels Sprouts in Foil
Nothing is better than summer in Minneapolis. Long winters are wonderful until it gets cold. The spring is short and then it’s 80o. People are still wearing their swimsuits.
Fit Foodie Discovers is a huge fan of grilling and we love to grill vegetables! Grilled Brussels sprouts are one of our favorite vegetables because they’re crunchy on the outside, and tender on the inside.
This foil-grilled brussel sprout recipe is a classic and a favorite on Fit Foodie Finds. Continue reading to find out how to cook brussels sprouts perfectly cooked Brussels sprouts on the grill.
Here are More Tips on How to Grill Brussel Sprouts in Foil
- Wash: Wash your Brussel sprouts well to get rid of any dirt and residue.
- Dry your Brussel sprouts: Let them dry completely. This is to ensure that the Brussel sprouts don’t become mushy on the grill.
- Grill medium-high heat: Grill Brussels sprouts medium/high heat — approximately 400oF – 450oF It’s also important to have a hot grill. Make sure you heat it up!
- Season correctly: We love to cook Brussel sprouts in balsamic, oil, and garlic. You can add any combination of spices to your Brussel sprouts.
- Take your time and cook them thoroughly: Don’t be surprised if they take longer to cook! The inner part takes longer, and the outer leaves will be crispier.
How to Grill Brussels Sprouts: 3 Methods
- Prepare the sprouts. Remove any brown or loose leaves from the Brussels sprouts. These will be charged on the grill. Decide if you want the sprouts to be whole or chopped in half. To get crispy, browned edges, I prefer to cut them in half.
- Blanch, steam, or When cooking sprouts on the grill, it can be difficult to get them cooked evenly on the inside. Precook them. Before grilling, you can either blacken them or steam them for five minutes. You can also microwave them in a bowl with a few tablespoons of water. Let them cool in the microwave for three minutes.
- Toss the sprouts: Use olive oil (or other fat) and any seasonings you like to toss them. A little vinegar or lemon juice can be added.
- Option 1: Skewers Thread the Brussels sprouts onto one skewer. Usually, there are 5-7 skewers. Place on the grill for 5 minutes on each side.
- Option 2: Grill Basket: Add Brussels sprouts to a heated grill basket. To brown, the sides evenly, cook for between 8-10 minutes.
- Option 3: Foil: Grab some heavy-duty foil. Make a small basket with the Brussels sprouts. Keep the top of the foil open to prevent them from steaming. Place the sprouts directly on the grill. Cook for between 8-10 minutes. Flip the sprouts occasionally.
Flavor Ideas for Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- Balsamic – Brussels sprouts with balsamic is a classic combination for a reason. Before grilling, toss the Brussels sprouts in balsamic and drizzle some more on top. To really enhance the flavor, you can drizzle balsamic glaze on top.
- Parmesan garlic Microwave one clove of minced garlic in 1-2 tablespoons butter or olive oil for 1 minute while the sprouts grill. After the sprouts are removed from the grill, brush them with garlic butter. Finally, top them with Parmesan cheese.
- Asian-inspired Brush the Brussels sprouts with sesame seed oil before grilling. After they are done grilling, drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of honey and Sriracha over them. It’s magic.
- Maple syrup and mustard: After the sprouts are removed from the grill, drizzle 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup on each one. It is sweet, savory, and delicious.
- Balsamic honey, You can also use balsamic vinegar or honey. When the meats are off the grill, toss them with one tablespoon each.
- With mushrooms: Grill your favorite mushrooms on skewers. Both the earthy flavors of the mushrooms and those of the sprouts work well together.
- With onions Add red onion powder to your skewers and grill basket.
- Seasoned: Charred Brussels sprouts are delicious when they have been seasoned with lots of seasoning. You can toss them with your favorite steak seasoning or Montreal seasoning.
- With bacon, It’s difficult to think of Brussels sprouts without considering bacon. For a delicious treat, thread some bacon onto your skewers. You can make the bacon crispy and add bacon flavor to your sprouts.
Place Brussel Sprouts On A Large Piece Of Aluminum Foil
Drizzle With Olive Oil And Season With Salt and Pepper, And Garlic Powder. Fold Foil Into A Packet, Making Sure It Is Sealed Well. Place On A Baking Sheet And Bake For 20 Minutes. Remove From Oven, Carefully Open Foil Packet, And Garnish With Parmesan Cheese.
Assuming you want me to continue writing about how to cook the sprouts:
After 20 minutes, remove the packet from the oven and carefully open it up. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy your delicious and healthy roasted Brussels sprouts!
Here are more guides and articles you will like: