A schwenk braten is a succulent, roasted pork dish that is popular in the Austrian Alps. The key to making a perfect schwenk braten is to start with high-quality pork loin.
This lean cut of pork is rubbed with a fragrant blend of spices, including paprika, caraway seeds, and garlic, before being slow-roasted to perfection.
The result is a tender, juicy, and flavorful pork roast that is sure to please any crowd. Serve your schwenk braten with a simple side of roasted potatoes and a green salad for a complete meal.
What Is Schwenk Braten And How Do You Make It?
Schwenk braten is a type of German recipe for roast pork that is made with a combination of pork shoulder and pork loin. The pork chops are marinated in a mixture of vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper for several hours before it is roasted. The resulting dish is tender and juicy, with a slightly tangy flavor.
Serve Schwenk braten with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut for a traditional German potato salad meal.
To make Schwenk braten, you will need:
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds pork loin chops shoulder roast
- 1 pound pork loin roast
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
1. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture all over the pork shoulder and pork loin. Place the pork in a large resealable bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
3. In a small fire bowl, whisk together chicken broth, white wine, and cornstarch. Set aside.
4. Place the pork loin steaks in a roasting pan and pour the chicken broth mixture over top. Roast the grilled german pork chops for 3-4 hours, or until the meat is very tender.
5. Remove the pork chop from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with mashed potatoes and german food sauerkraut.
The Different Types Of Schwenk Braten
1. Original Schwenk Braten: This is the most commonly consumed type of Schwenk braten. It is made with pork neck and beef that is slow-cooked in a special sauce made from caraway seeds, vinegar, and onions.
2. Smoked Schwenk Braten: This type of Schwenk braten is made with pork steaks that have been smoked before being cooked in the special sauce.
3. Spicy Schwenk Braten: This type of Schwenk braten is made with pork and beef that is cooked in a special sauce made from chili peppers, vinegar, and onions.
4. Sweet and Sour Schwenk Braten: This type of Schwenk braten is made with pork and beef that is cooked in a special sauce made from sugar, vinegar, and onions.
5. Vegetarian Schwenk Braten: This type of Schwenk braten is made with tofu and vegetables that are slow-cooked in a special sauce made from caraway seeds, vinegar, and onions.
How To Serve Schwenk Braten
Schwenk Braten is a traditional German pork steak dish that is typically served during the holiday’s pork loin. This dish is made with pork and sauerkraut and is often served with potatoes and gravy. If you’re looking for a delicious and festive holiday meal, then look no further than Schwenk Braten german recipes!
To make Schwenk Braten, you’ll first need to brown some pork in a large skillet. Once the pork is browned, add in some sauerkraut and let it cook for a few minutes. Then, add in some potatoes and gravy, and let the whole dish simmer until everything is cooked through.
Once everything is cooked, serve the Schwenk Braten hot, and enjoy! This dish is sure to please everyone at your holiday table and german servings.
Recipes For Schwenk Braten
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 1 (4-pound) boneless pork loin roast
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 cups chicken broth
– 2 cups of water
– 1/4 cup white vinegar
– 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1 (12-ounce) can of beer
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
2. Melt butter in a large baking pan ovenproof saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle pork roast with salt and pepper. Add pork to the pan; cook for 3 minutes per side, or until browned.
3. Add chicken broth, water, vinegar, flour, sugar, beer, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, oregano, basil, and garlic to the pan. Bring to a boil; cover and bake in preheated oven for 3 hours, or until pork is very tender juniper berries crushed.
4. Remove pork from pan; thinly slice and remove meat. Return pork slices to the pan; cook over medium direct heat until sauce has thickened. Serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles and a swinging grill called.
Here are other dishes that you will like: